Part Ten: The Crashing Fall of Jericho
[Continued from: https://amaic1.blogspot.com.au/2017/07/by-damien-f.html]
“The Problem to be Solved
- Abraham is wrongly assigned to the Middle Bronze I nomadic phase – which actually pertains to nomadic Israel instead.
- The nomadic Israelites are assigned to the Late Bronze era – which is the era of the Kingdom of Israel (Saul, David, Solomon).
- David and Solomon are wrongly assigned to the Iron Age.
We learn of the fulfilment of this prophecy in the time of king Ahab of Israel (Israel and Judah now being divided into two kingdoms) (I Kings 16:34): “In [Ahab’s] days did Hiel the Bethelite build Jericho: he laid the foundation thereof in Abiram his firstborn, and set up the gates thereof in his youngest son Segub, according to the word of the LORD, which he spoke by Joshua the son of Nun”.
As to who was this mysterious “Hiel the Bethelite”, that we shall learn when we arrive at the period of the Divided Kingdom, in the mid-C9th BC.
A great sign said to appear in the heavens as the year of Mercy closes
I stand in awe of your deeds, LORD.
Repeat them in our day,
in our time make them known;
in wrath remember mercy.
the Holy One from Mount Paran’.
and his praise filled the earth.
rays flashed from his hand,
where his power was hidden.
pestilence followed his steps.
He stood, and shook the earth;
he looked, and made the nations tremble.
and the age-old hills collapsed—
but he marches on forever.
the dwellings of Midian in anguish.
Were you angry with the rivers, LORD?
Was your wrath against the streams?
when you rode your horses
and your chariots to victory?
you called for many arrows.
You split the earth with rivers;
the mountains saw you and writhed.
Torrents of water swept by;
the deep roared
and lifted its waves on high.
at the glint of your flying arrows,
at the lightning of your flashing spear.
In wrath you strode through the earth
and in anger you threshed the nations.
You came out to deliver your people,
to save your anointed one.
you stripped him from head to foot.
With his own spear you pierced his head
when his warriors stormed out to scatter us,
gloating as though about to devour
the wretched who were in hiding.
Old [and] New Contents
…. Joy Before the Ark
- He is described as a young man.
- He is supreme commander of the army.
This is the message of the man whose eyesight is clear.
This is the message of the one who hears God’s words,
receives knowledge from the Most High,
has a vision from the Almighty,
and falls into a trance with his eyes open:
I see someone who is not here now.
I look at someone who is not nearby.
A star will come from Jacob.
A scepter will rise from Israel.
He will crush the heads of the Moabites
and destroy all the people of Sheth.
Edom will be conquered,
and Seir, his enemy, will be conquered.
So Israel will become wealthy.
He will rule from Jacob
and destroy whoever is left in their cities.”
but in the end it will be destroyed.”
Your nest is built in a rock.
But it is destined to be burned, you descendants of Cain,
when Assyria takes you as prisoners of war.”
Ships will come from the shores of Kittim [כִּתִּים].
They will conquer Assyria and Eber.
But they, too, will be totally destroyed’.
The Khabur basin and Chushan
“A new alignment begins
Jericho MB IIB—A new fortress arises
A new influence
- How could a law abiding Israelite, whether Mahlon or Boaz, legally marry a Moabite?
- How can we circumvent Deut 23:3 in order to accept the actions of Mahlon, Elimelech, Naomi, and later Boaz to let Ruth become a part of their family by law and bring her into Israel?
- The women of Israel welcomed Ruth into the “family” in Ruth 4:11 … The LORD make the woman that is come into thine house like Rachel and like Leah, which two did build the house of Israel: and do thou worthily in Ephratah, and be famous in Bethlehem:
- If Ruth was a Moabite by race, why would there be such attention to detail concerning the law of redemption by Naomi, Boaz, and the “near-kinsman” more near than Boaz? It would all have been performed in complete opposition to the very law being invoked to settle the issue being settled!
- Judah’s eldest two sons were slain by God, Er for his wickedness and Onan for his disrespect for the very law Boaz invokes to accomplish his goal to marry Ruth. Now Er and Onan were both from a Canaanite mother, the first wife of Judah. Point being, God slew Onan for not obeying a part of the very law that Mehlon and Boaz would likewise have been guilty of breaking had Ruth really been Moabite.
Wait! There’s More!